Party! Party!! Party!!! Can not help us. Let's put it aside and revive Nigeria - Dr John Abraham Godson


Our reporter ran into Hon Dr John Abraham Godson, the Abia ADC senatorial candidate and decided to have a brief Chat with him. Good hearted fellow. Please enjoy our discussion with him below.

Good afternoon Hon Godson, How is your day moving?

Godson: I'm fine Good afternoon!

Please may we steal a little of your time to ask you few questions.

Godson: Go ahead!

Newsman: How has the election season been for you? Has there been any progress or developments regarding your campaign since the last time you were here?

Godson: Absolutely, it's a marathon, and we're still in the race. I'm trying to reach my constituents at the grassroots. Our teams are moving around on the streets, markets, various support groups are throwing in the supports. So we're doing our best to making sure we reach the grassroots.

Newsman: How has the response been?

Godson: Each place we go, the response is always positive. Although, once in a while you meet those that are always expecting for you to give them something and I think that is the general situation with the political system we have in Nigeria. But the overall perception has been very positive.

Newsman: Regarding the rumours that you have been suspended in the party for anti-party activities, such as supporting the presidential candidate of the Labour Party while being an ADC member, how did you receive it?

Godson: I have asked my constituents to disregard the fake news. This is a news that was engineered by someone who was once in our party, ADC who because of his activities was suspended and later expelled from the party by the african working committee of the African democratic congress.

From what I learnt, this person is no longer in the party, but working with another party, supporting their candidate and so on.
But I'm glad my media team has responded concerning the fake news. I don't have to fight the engineer of the news, but I just want to clarify the fact that I am the ADC senatorial candidate, I won my primaries in May 2022 and I am on the INEC Portal and documents as the substantive senatorial candidate for the ADC, we have been fighting.
Nigeria is in such a mess and this is not the time to play party politics.
As a Nigerian who has lived abroad for 25 years and who has seen developments j can wholeheartedly say that all the candidates that we have, I do not see any candidate that is competent enough to bring the kind of change that we want in Nigeria apart from Peter Obi. And I say that without any regrets or apologies.

Newsman: People feel you are trying to leverage on Peter Obi's popularity to thrive and project your candidacy by publicly supporting him despite being a different party member

Godson: I want to state strongly that it is not true. In January or February 2021, I declared that I was going to run for presidency. Then around February /March 2022, I stepped down from that when I saw 2 aspirants that I am willing to throw my weight behind, because I believe that they are better known. Those two candidates are Vice President Yemi Osibanjo and Peter Obi.
Now, Yemi Osibanjo lost his bid to be the APC candidate, but Peter Obi won his Party's primary to be the presidential candidate.
Now, I want to state that I am not desperate to be a Senator in Nigeria. I have been elected 5 times in Poland, from a district councilor to a city councilor twice and to a Senator twice. And I came back to Nigeria, not to do politics but to invest because of the things I have seen and experienced in Nigeria, I came to the conclusion to be a part of this change and actively get involved. And even if Peter Obi wins the presidency, he'll not be able to do what he wants to do if he doesn't have people of like minds in the National assembly, who are able to project and defend his mandate or agenda. So, that is what it is for me. I say this out of a pure and honest heart.

Newsman: Thanks you very much Dr Godson fir giving us your time!

Godson: Thanks

Post a Comment

0 Comments